Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Better late than never


Excerpt from Spring Giddiness by Rumi (trans. by Coleman Barks)
Today, like every other day, we wake up empty
and frightened. Don't open the door to the study
and begin reading. Take down the dulcimer.

Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.



I'm getting this poem in just under the wire.  Today I was so busy letting the beauty I love be what I was doing that I didn't get a chance to post until now.  This evening, about fifty or so people braved the sideways rain and umbrella stripping wind to read and write poetry  at Washington National Cathedral.  As always, I was amazed and humbled by the poems people wrote in the brief ten minute period I allowed for writing. 

I also always come home from program's like tonight amazed and humbled that I get to do what I love, what I'm passionate about, what energizes me and gives me joy.  Reading and writing are the ways I kneel and kiss the ground.  How about you?    What is the beauty you love and how will you let that be what you do when you awake tomorrow?



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment